Welcome to Philpott & Cowlin Ltd
Based in Bristol we provide a comprehensive service to the welding and metal fabrication industry throughout the south west of England and South Wales. Established in 1920, the company has built a proud and solid reputation as suppliers of quality innovative welding machines and associated equipment and supplies, including an in-house after-sales service team to fully support all customer needs and requirements.
With the drive for the metal fabrication industry to strive towards continuously improving productivity and quality in their fabrication and welding departments, Philpott and Cowlin Ltd have assembled an enviable catalogue of agencies with of some of the worlds leading manufacturers. These carefully selected companies are able to offer advanced innovative machines and products, designed to provide real cost savings via productivity and quality improving benefits plus increased reliability to customers who understand that investment in quality equipment and consumables will provide fast track solutions for increased profitability.
When considering welding equipment and consumable requirements, manufacturing businesses require suppliers who can work with them to address the unique requirements of their particular industry application.
The team at Philpott and Cowlin can provide over 130 years of experience to the welding and metal fabrication industry, and a commitment to offer more than that of suppliers who do little more than take orders and process them. We aim to assist our customers in their efforts to cut costs and improve profitability, by introducing and offering modern innovative technologies and products to help drive their business forward.
The services and products we offer include:
- Technical expertise and consultancy in all areas of metal joining, cutting and finishing technologies partnering with leading manufacturers in the industry
- In-house service department offering fast efficient after-sales service for machine repairs, servicing and calibration to National Standards by qualified engineers. Comprehensive repair service for most makes and types of welding and cutting torches.
- The largest stock of Inverter Mig/Mag, Tig, and MMA Welding and plasma cutting machines for short and long term hire in the South West of England and South Wales.
- Bureau Veritas ISO 9001 quality management approved for the supply of welding rods and wires to aerospace and structural steel industries requiring full QA certification and traceability..
- On-site safety checks and certification of Oxy Fuel Equipment to BCGA CP7
- Fume and Dust Extracting Equipment and on-site LEV Testing.
- The areas leading supplier of productivity and weld quality enhancing innovative Inverter technology welding machines, including world leading OTC Daihen Corp of Japan.
- A complete range of Gas Equipment and products including testing services for Shield Gas and Oxy Fuel Manifold Systems including Pipeline Testing.
- Assistance and advice regarding welder training, setting up weld procedures and providing welder codings to BS EN standards.
- The most reliable Mig/Mag and Tig torches on the market including the world-renowned range of Bernard ToughGuns and Weldcraft Tig torches
- A full range of performance Abrasive grinding, Cutting, and Finishing Discs from market leaders including Dronco, Bibielle and VSM.